Nigerian Indigenous Company, Flintxposures Organizes West Africa's Biggest Power Summit
The West Africa Power Summit 2016 (WAPS) is organised by Flintxposures Limited, a Nigerian indigenous event management company, based in Lagos. Flintxposures focuses on creating platforms that connect leaders, investors and policy makers to maximise every viable opportunity in their specific industries through organized high level summits. Our summits are tailored towards economic development and enhancing returns on investments.
The 2nd West Africa Power Summit 2016 (WAPS) is taking place at the Eko Hotel & Suites in Lagos from 20th of September 2016 and has been endorsed by Nigeria’s Ministry of Power. During the 2nd edition of this long running, regional conference and exhibition, WAPS will once again gather government, industry experts, consultants and investors to discuss the power sector’s challenges and successes, including local markets, capacity building and investment.
WAPS At a Glance
The WAPS 2016 will showcase the latest technologies and services for the industry while the conference will offer practical solutions, lessons learnt from case studies and problem-solving mechanisms to assist power companies and utilities in improving their efficiency and productivity.
9 Reasons Why You Should Attend West Africa Power Summit:
- Discover all the cutting-edge developments in power generation, transmission and distribution
- Extensive networking opportunities with industry leaders in the comfort of a 5 star venue
- Utilize the Business Speed Networking Service for one-on-one meetings with fellow delegates
- Assess the emerging developments and opportunities in the New West Africa’s power sector
- Gain insight into the latest plans from experts for power plant development across West Africa, including renewable energy, gas-fired power and hydropower.
- Deliberate on effective strategies and best practice for the development and improvement of West Africa’s power generation, transmission and distribution networks
- Benefit from case based studies into the best practice for Joint-Venture Partnerships
- Gather the legal and regulatory framework resources for direct foreign investment
- Have expert insight into power generation, transmission, distribution and storage in West Africa from; renewable energy resources; such as hydroelectricity, solar energy, wind energy, wave power, and different technologies that have been designed to improve energy efficiency.
Power Generation in West Africa
Unrestricted access to electric power, provides enormous opportunity, economic growth and importantly, it connects the West African people with the rest of the world. Providing adequate electricity in West Africa, to homes and businesses, remains a primary concern for the development of the West African economy.
Although, power production has incrementally increased across the region, with a goal of producing 10,000 megawatts (MW) of cleaner electricity generation capacity and 20 million new connections. Every new connection provides opportunities for individuals and businesses across the continent to achieve their potentials and overcome common obstacles of economic growth. This positive trajectory will be attainable if sustainability is effectively integrated into developmental plans, through planning that will include; domestic capacity development for infrastructure management, leveraging private sector investment and building transparent governmental partnerships with stakeholders. Additionally, implementing critical and resourceful policy reforms, will attract investment to the power sector.
WAPS dates and venue for 2016:
Conference day: 20th September 2016
Venue: Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
LinkedIn: Flintxposures Nigeria
Managing Director & CEO: Oti Ukpai
Telephone: +234(1)2957730, +2348063011571
Media, Research & Content Executive: Ekpa Ntan
Telephone: +2348096596047, +234(1)2857730